Industrial and Commercial Wire Guards
Wall and ceiling fixtures such as fire alarms, signage, thermostats, and emergency lights are susceptible to damage, theft, or becoming safety hazards. Wire guards offer protection, safeguarding these fixtures from damage and preventing potential harm to individuals. Discover why AWC Industries should be your go-to choice for wire guard production needs throughout the Midwest and beyond.
What are wire guards and what are they used for? At AWC Industries, your one stop source for metal fabricating and finishing, we specialize in high-quality CNC wire bending, wire forming and fabrication. One of our wire-forming specialties is creating wire guards for businesses across the country. So why do you need wire guards?
Wire guard products come in many different shapes, sizes and styles to suit a range of specific applications. Plus, the designs are functional for either indoor or outdoor use. When you choose to work with a custom wire guard manufacturer like AWC, you can order protective wire guards for fixtures, signs, lights and more of all shapes and sizes.
Uses for Wire Cage Guards
Every wire cage guard can serve a different function based on its unique design. The most significant benefit of protective cages is that they keep the items safe from vandalism, accidental damages and theft while also ensuring they are still accessible to staff and other authorized people.
Here are some common applications you can use wire cage guards to protect in your facility.
1. Fire Alarms, smoke detectors and sprinklers: Having a metal guard over the fire alarms in a building is the best way to protect both the fire alarm itself and the people who occupy the facility. If a fire alarm were to be hit with a stray object, it could break. However, fire alarms must be easy to pull in case of an emergency, so the wire guard must be simple to remove or access.
2. Clocks: Clocks are another example of a fragile item that hangs on a wall and has the potential to be broken. By investing in protective cages for clocks in your facility, you’ll end up saving money by avoiding to replace your clocks before it’s necessary.
3. Exit Signs: Exit signs are often illuminated so people can see where to go in case of an emergency. While you want to protect this sometimes costly signage, you must also ensure they are completely legible and visible. Protective wire guards are the perfect durable but non-obstructive solution for keeping your exit signs safe from vandalism and accidental damages while also ensuring they can still serve their primary purpose.
4. Bells/Speakers/Alarms: Does your school still follow the traditional “when the bell rings” technique for signaling the end of classes or the entire day? Many institutions have switched to an electronic bell, but some still have physical bells in the hallways. If your school does still have the standard bells, you’ll want to protect them with wire metal guards. Wire forming is a process required to bend metal and bring it to customized shapes for manufacturing processes. Custom wire forming is required in various industries, such as aerospace, construction, military and furniture sectors.
Thermostats may be one accessory on your walls that is attractive to thieves. Keep your thermostats protected by installing wire guards around them. With openings that are wide enough for a person to reach their hand in for tasks like setting the temperature or turning the thermostat on and off, wire guards provide excellent protection against any tampering, theft or damages while also allowing the right people to access it whenever necessary.
6. Emergency Lighting: If you have flood lighting or other emergency lights either inside or outside your facility, it’s smart to protect them with wire cage light guards. Protective cages for lights still allow plenty of light where it’s needed, but they keep your lights safe from purposeful or accidental damages.
Where Are Wire Guard Products Used?
Protective wire guards are tools you might not notice at first, but you’ve probably seen them used in more locations than you may realize. Here are three of the most common facilities that use wire guards to protect the items hanging on their walls or ceilings, as well as the applications they typically use them for. Industries currently served by AWC Industries include:
- Food & Beverage Equipment
- Lawn & Garden
- Material Handling
- Storage Systems
- Food Service
Our Unique Processes and Materials
Wire forming is a process required to bend metal and bring it to customized shapes for manufacturing processes. Custom wire forming is required in various industries, such as aerospace, construction, military and furniture sectors.
AWC Industries specialize in high end wire forming and metal bending. We offer wire forming services for ferrous as well as non-ferrous substances such as aluminum, brass, copper, steel and stainless steel. Our state of the art CNC wire forming and fabricating facilities can produce the highest quality finished goods and we can bend and fabricate metal wires of up to 1 inch diameter.
Safety Protection for Metal Wire Cage Guards
The primary purpose of metal wire guards is to protect the sign, clock or other feature underneath it from becoming broken or unusable. By serving as a barrier between your signage, fire alarms, clocks and other fixtures on your facility’s walls and ceilings and external forces like people, nature and objects, wire guards will take the hit instead of what’s underneath them.
Due to the affordable cost of custom wire guards, you’ll save money in the long run by installing them rather than replacing or repairing the items and fixtures in your facility if that they are stolen or damaged.
Working with AWC Industries
When you get in touch with us, we will try and understand your specific requirements and make sure that your project priorities are duly met with. By working with us, you can be rest assured that your technical projects will achieve the highest zenith of success. Our technical team can provide you with the best expertise in the industry, and you can expect your finished goods at the earliest turnaround time.
Contact us here today for more info and a fast, reliable quote. We look forward to hearing from you!